Thursday, September 2, 2010

Last Summer Hurrah


I'm up at a family friends cottage right now. On beautiful Lake Muskoka. I've been coming up here since I was about 5 years old, and I'm truly pleased that Cole gets to experience it as well. He may not realize now, but by next summer he'll have a blast I'm sure. For now it's just relaxing on the dock or open porch breathing in the fresh country air while my little monkey sleeps peacefully in my arms.

Cole has been great up here. He slept through the night the first night, and only woke up once last night (which really was 5:30 this morning). It's a little tougher for me because Cole's daddy couldn't make it up for the trip, but I'm enjoying the "just me and him" bonding time.

It's hard to believe this summer is over. It feels like just yesterday that I would skip ahead on my calender in my phone to the beginning of September thinking that this thing growing in my belly would be 3 months old and the weather would be getting colder again. To be completely honest I'm not dreading winter this year. I absolutely love fall and this summer was way to hot and humid. Plus I think Cole will look adorable in a huge puffy snow suit.

For now I'm just enjoying my last summer vaca. Cole just woke up, smiley as ever, had to post a picture of his cuteness. He blew his first raspberry today, I doubt he did it intentionally but it was still very cute.

Make sure to keep checking for Cole's three month video, it should be up within the next couple days!

Bye for now, from me and the munchkin. xox

No comments: